12/11/07

DAY ONE HUNDRED AND SIXTY-FOUR

So, I decided not to go to work and sleep in. With those fifteen hour days it seemed like a good idea. Plus, we had to read at the Indian Temple at 12:30 in the afternoon. Then Missy called and told us they were running about an hour ahead of schedule. Great! So, we had to run out of the house instead of leisurely waking up and doing things beforehand. We get to the temple waaaaaaay before 11:30 and guess what? Yeah, we read about a half hour later than our original schedule. Nice. It was still good to be there Aneal, who arranges this every year, was there and seemed happy to see us. The only thing that gets to me is the incense. I like a little incense, but we're talking about a room that has it burning all the time. Takes a couple of days to get the smell out of my beard. But, it was for a good cause. Just like last year, it didn't take long before I had to use the facilities in the main temple so, off I went. The place was deserted this time and a little creepy. Except for teh downstairs which looks like every other small church basement I have ever been in. The kitchen is so big you might think that it had previously been a Baptist church. Anyway, I always peek into the main sancutary and this time there was no one around so I got a little longer look than usual. There were seven or so statues in the front and a lot of large rugs on the floors. No seats. The statues were quite beautiful to look at.
After our reading we headed out back to The Waltz Compound. Before we got there we stopped for pizza and went home and watched THE CONDEMNED with Stone Cold Steve Austin. Predictable, but fun to watch. Then it was laze around the house day. Taking it easy. After our hectic morning, it was great.

No comments: