12/11/07

DAY ONE HUNDRED AND SIXTY-FIVE

Got up and made our way to church. Sunday school was good because we had quite a turn out. Seems that the guy, Dean, who teaches the Senior class was out preaching somewhere so, I got the run off. That's cool. No age discrimination in my class! Ted and Thelma brought breakfast and Ted made this great casserole with eggs, onions, sausage and other stuff. I ate three pieces of it and regretted it. I was stuffed and sleepy for service.
After service Martha snd the kids and I went to Portage NOrthern High School to go sledding! It was a blast. I love to sled and little Danny gets the most distance. Probably because he was on one of those little saucers and he doesn't weigh anything. It was only about 20 degrees out so we only lasted an hour. I remembered to pack extra gloves, hats and we have this double pump carafe that I filled half with hot cocoa and half with green tea. Dennis and I were the only ones drinking the tea and it did a good job of making the weather a little more bearable.
Afte that we went home and got into dry, warm clothes. The kids did stuff while Martha and I watched a MONK marathon. It's a pretty funny show. There was an episod with a monkey that was killing me. I drank a big bottle of Guiness and made a huge batch of chicken and rice for everyone. Later, while Martha was napping, I watched DEVIL TIMES FIVE. It was a weird 70's exploitation flick. Had the typical downer ending that a lot of low budget flicks in the seventies had, but it was interesting.
The morning was a little hectic, but the afternoon and evening were nice and laid back. Getting geared up for a new week to start.

No comments: