12/2/07

DAY ONE HUNDRED AND FIFTY-EIGHT

Saturday and we started off early. Martha and I got up early to fool around and then nodded back off for a minute. Then my chiropractor, Ray called and wanted to know if we could meet early. It gave us a reason to get off our asses and get things done so, we went for it. Ray popped my spine and neck for me and then we got some breakfast. I wanted something easy and horrid for me, but Burger King stops serving breakfast around 10:30 so that was out. We hit the nearby Speedway and got some lovely Kona coffee and those godawful breakfast sandwiches. It was what I wanted only a shittier version of it.
Then we headed to SavALot to get started on the shopping. Heather and Chris and Dawn from Judo were coming over for a Mexican feast so I had lots of stuff to get. I wanted to make hard and soft shell tacos, beef and chicken, seven layer dip, chips and salsa, nachos and a big bowl of home made Spanish rice. About half the stuff I needed was at SavALot and then we had to head for Meijer to finish off the list.
We bagged all the groceries and headed back to The Waltz Compound to get stuff started.
While I was dicing and slicing and cooking up a storm, Martha whipped the kids into a house cleaning frenzy. They weren't keen on it, but they did it. I managed to get everything cooked and set out before five when Dawn arrived. She made an awesome batch of home made salsa and it tasted great! Chris and Heather showed up shortly after because the weather was getting nasty. Our drive way is steep and gets slippery quick so while Dawn could make it up the hill in her van, Chris and Heather tried and then parked across the street.
Everyone ate and we talked and had a blast. heather had to leave first and her van was covered in ice. I started it for her and let it thaw a little before I agreed to get it down the driveway for her. The slippery gave me a little shit, but I just6 gunned it and it slid right into place, then it was just a case of getting it down to the street for her.
Chris and Heather stayed for a little while longer. Heather has a big school project and it involves a survey concerning endangered species in Michigan so we all helped her with the questions she would be asking.
The kids were getting pretty wired and it was getting worse outside so, Chris and Heather decided to make the trek back home before it got real bad.
After that we fed the dogs and got ready for bed. I already decided that we weren't going to church in the morning. Too far and slippery in the old war wagon. Wasn't going to risk the Waltz clan in it.
Sleeping in on a Sunday should be a blast.

1 comment:

S. W. Miller said...

Sounds like fun! When do WE get to hang out? (hint hint)! HA HA!