12/26/07

DAY ONE HUNDRED AND EIGHTY

Christmas Eve. A time to reflect on the year behind you and look forward to the year ahead. Wait, that's New Year's Eve, isn't it? On Christmas Eve we celebrate the upcoming birth of Jesus. Sure, there are people who like to point out that he probably wasn't born in the winter, but where he came from it was probably still all hot and sand regardless. I like Christmas. Ever since I was a little kid. The anticipation of gifts and seeing relatives and remembering what Jesus did for us to give us eternal life at his side. It can't help but make yu warm and fuzzy.
And what is the best way to celebrate warm and fuzzy? That's right, we went lout for ZChinese food and watched Sweeny Todd. It was a fantastic flick and I couldn't believe the amoutn of blood! I had a little smile when Johnny Depp and Alan Rickman were singing 'Pretty Women' together. Does a heart good to watch Captain JAck Sparrow and Snape of Hogwart's croonign a lovely little tune together. The film is a typical moody, broody Tim Burton flick, but in this case, it fits perfectly. I did see little nods to Ed Wood with a certain city shot and there was one shot that looked like it was lifted directly from Sleepy Hollow. All in all a great flick and one that I could watch over and over again.
After movie and food we managed to get to Meijer for drive way salt and get thrown out of Meijer.
Let me explain.
We thought the store was open until nine PM. Yeah, it was seven PM and we got there at six fifty-five. I grabbed the driveway salt and we headed to the back to get a coffee pot. Did I mention that I had broken the coffee pot? No matter. So, we are heading back there and this suit comes along and asks what we are looking for. I tell him coffee...
and never get to finish the word pot before he barks 'No!' at me and that they are closing. If the little weasel had let me finish he would have realized that I was two rows away from the damned pots and we waited ten minutes in line to check out anyway, but nooooooooo! He had to be an ass. IF you have a store that is open twenty four seven then leave it open. If you're gonna close it then lock the doors an hour beforehand and get people out of the store. It was sloppy and I will have to call the general manager to get satisfaction. I'm thinking a written apology should suffice.

No comments: