11/6/07

DAY ONE HUNDRED AND THIRTY-TWO

Monday and man it wasn't too bad riding into work. I expected snow, but it was pretty nice. Yeah, that's not gonna last too damned long. Work was work, nothing spectacular, just a place to go and get paid. The ride home was much windier than the ride in. There's definitely a cold front coming in. Brrrrrrrr!
It was the first day of Judo classes so I rushed through making red beans and rice for dinner. It turned out quite yummy. Tomorrow I'm going to try something with lentils. We had to rush from home to the Dojo, drop off the kids and then zoom back to the littles' school for conferences. Dan's teacher, Mr. Brown loves Dan. He knows how he works and is able to bring out the best in him. We love Mr. Brown. Dandelion's teacher MS. Stiver has this punk rock look with two toned hair and a silver nose ring. A cool lady who loves having Dandelion in her class. Delia's teacher, who's name escapes me for some reason, was cool. She said Delia is quite self sufficient which we already knew.
After conferences we zoomed back to the Dojo for adult class. We learned some arm bars. I am used to more cushion under mats for Judo and this was a little harder, but I'm sure I will get used to it after a while. Sensei Chris looked like he was having fun. I will ache tomorrow because my wife is a wicked person who likes to heap abuse on my poor body.
After Dojo we went home and made snacks and watched Heroes. Prison Break was a two hour special that I taped and will have to watch tomorrow. I hate wating for Prison Break, but this was a special exception. Martha let us turn the heat on in the house finally and we even used the radiator in our room. Good thing, I was freezing.

No comments: