11/24/07

DAY ONE HUNDRED AND FORTY-NINE

Woke up without an alarm around seven. Got the bird in the oven, made stuffing and got the other things ready to pop in the oven when the bird came out. At twenty five pounds it was taking up quite a lot of space.
The damned thing seemed to take forever! I was upstairs when the kids started yelling about smoke. I ran downstairs and the turkey timer had popped and it was spilling a little grease on the bottom of the oven. I got the bird out with a minimal of fuss and took the bottom of the oven outside and sprayed it down before putting it back in the oven.
Got the rest of the food going and we watched the parade. The parade blended into the dog show. Seann made a mountain of mashed potatoes for Thanksgiving dinner. we all ate too much and then laid around the house in food comas. So tired from turkey.
watched a lot of mindless television and ate some more food. The pies turned out real well and I was happy with those.
It was a good day. I am thankful for my lovely family and our current state of existence. Life is pretty good in The Waltz Compound.
Happy Thanksgiving to all!

No comments: