11/18/07

DAY ONE HUNDRED AND FORTY-FOUR

Martha and I had planned all week to take the kids to the Reptile Show at the Kalamazoo Fairgrounds. we thought it would be big fun. Well, MArtha did and I agreed. It was a lot of fun. We got to see snakes and lizards and icky bugs and spiders and these adorable things from Austrailia called Sugar Babies. I got to play with the Sugar Baby and that was fun. Then I got blindsided and before I knew it we were leaving with a mouse for Delia and a snake for Dan, well for Dan and Martha. It's a cornsnake named Rufus and he's pretty tiny. He eats little, baby mice and we got him a live one of those at the show. he didn't eat it until we got home. It was disgusting, but Dan and the rest of the kids and Martha thought it was cool. Good for them. Blech!
Martha and I went out for dinner and a movie. We also stopped and bought stuff for the mouse and the snake. Spoiled rotten my kids are I tell you what.
We saw THE GAME PLAN with The Rock and it was pretty good. Definitely funny and it tugged at your heartstrings a little. Sure, a lot of it was telegraphed by a mile, but sometimes good old fashioned fun and mindless cinema is a good thing.
After that we went to Chili's for dinner.
My buddy, Robert was working and Martha ordered the steak and loaded mashed potatoes. I got this thing called The Mushroom Jacik. It was green peppers, onions, grilled chicken, cheese, sauteed mushrooms and bacon on a sizzling plate. Then I had the flour tortillas, salsa, guacamole, sour cream and cheese to make some yummy fajitas. Good stuff and I ate too much.
Our last stope for the evening was Meijer so we could get the stuff so Dennis could make plum glazed ham for the potluck and church tomorrow for our Thanksgiving celebration.
What a busy day! And now we have a mouse named SAndy and a snake named Rufus to add to the three dogs and a cat. I told Martha that if everyone was getting these exotic pets that I wanted a bird. We'll see after the holidays.

No comments: