11/24/07

DAY ONE HUNDRED AND FIFTY

Day after Thanksgiving and I set out on getting that thermostat in. Then I tried to put the thermostat in. I've done lots of them, but never one on a 1981 Cutlass Custom Cruiser Station Wagon. It has this diaphragm that is bolted on top of the left bolt for the thermostat housing. That means that there is this screw attached to the bolt that you need to take off to remove the thermostat casing. I didn't have a deep enough socket to get it off. So, one hundred and two dollars later with a new thermostat and a new radiator cap (ours was busted and I didn't even know it) and tightening of our alternator belt and we were done being at Muffler Man.
While we waited we managed to shop around at Walgreens and then went to Kazoo Books. There were too many books that I wanted, but restrained myself this close to Christmas. Martha and I walked over to Dairy Mart for some coffee for me and hot cocoa for her.
Then we went home and watched lots of television and some movies and the rest of the day was just a laid back nothing kind of thing.

No comments: