9/26/07

NINETY-THREE

The newbie didn't quit after the first day! Hurray! She does what we give her to do, does it and does a good job and all works pretty well. We'll see how it works out. Too soon for optimism.
The bike ride home was interesting as I take the downtown mall to get home. Yes, yes I ride my bike on the mall where I'm not supposed to. Big deal! Anyway, there were cops everywhere so my first thought was, Crap! They're after me for riding on the mall! It was a gas leak and when I got a whiff of it I pedaled my big butt a little quicker to get out of the potential blast radius. Of course, if the explosion traveled into the pipes it would have made little difference. Thankfully, nothing happened.
When I got home I was pleased to see the beans I had soaking overnight simmering on the stove. Martha did a great job with them. I rinsed them put them back in the pot with some browned ground lamb and onions and garden tomatoes and some spices. An hour later it made for a fantastic soup that even little Dan the Man came back with a clean bowl. He said it was awesome so, it must be good.
After that it rained really hard for a while. The rain let up and Martha asked me if I could go get her some chocolate. She has had the worst headache for days and I went. The rain came back a little, but I got my rain gear on and headed the short distance to the nearby gas station for Twix and Caramello.
when I got home I made her a nice cup of herbal tea and brought her that and the chocolate. She was watching something on the Disney Channel and I was far from interested so I read an old issue of Video Watchdog and played some classic Sonic The Hedgehog on my Sega emulator on the computer.
After that we watched a little of Dexter's Laboratory on Boomerang and I was ready to hit the hay.
The soup was perfect for a rainy day, but tomorrow it will be better because it's leftover and soup is always better the second day and it's supposed to drop to 69 degrees tomorrow and soup on a chilly day is the best.

No comments: