9/17/07

DAY EIGHTY-FOUR

Got up around 7:30 and started the process of getting the kids cleaned up for church. It always takes longer than I expect so I think I'm going to bump up the time starting next week. I made sure that we had everything to cook Pastor John's birthday breakfast. He's a cowboy so I went with Steak and Eggs with Western style hashbrowns. I got to try out this Canadian Steak Seasoning and it smelled pretty good. Ted brought a egg and sausage casserole for breakfast for Sunday school. Sam and I decided to drag the teenagers into Sunday school since they tend to wander around aimlessly. We are doing the Book of Matthew for the next three months and I think they learned a lot from the message. It boiled down to how Jesus wants us to treat our friends as well as our enemies. Good message for newbies.
It was Pastor Appreciation Day and people got up and said nice things about John. I was downstairs because we had a potluck after service and I had crescent rolls to bake.
The potluck was yummy and Martha went across the street to get one of our Judo buddies, Dawn and see if she wanted to come over for the pot luck. She did. Next week we are going to go over and visit when she has her kids at home. It should be fun.
After that we dropped off some video games to Stew and checked the post office box. I have it until the end of the month and won't need it anymore. Of course, that meant that my buddy Dan Taylor sent me movies there. I got ahold of him and had him change my address in his database so it wouldn't happen again.
Then we went home and I mowed some lawn and did the dishes. Delia was still at her friends house and they weren't home. I wasn't real happy with the lack of communication and doubt if she will be visiting again anytime in the near future. Especially since she complained that she had homework to do when she finally got home. I laughed and told her she was the one that wanted to spend the weekend with her friend.
I made jambalaya for dinner and threw in the rest of the smothered chicken from the night before. It was one of those Zaitarains mixes but I added a chopped green pepper and a sweet onion to help it along. Turned out pretty good.
The rest of the day was spent winding down.
I watched that celebrity bull fighting thing on CMT and was pleasantly surprised to discover that Stephen Baldwin is a Christian. They had cowboy church before the big event and he dragged a couple of the guys along with him. A truly refreshing look at television. Even Gene Simmons on his show mentioned God! Pretty cool stuff.
Work starts again tomorrow with one person on vacation and still no temp.
Bleah!

No comments: