9/9/07

THE FALL (DAYS 73,74,75,76)Part Two

So, the construction made a two hour trip become a three hour trip. To make it worse was the fact that for the small stretch that we decided to get on the highway it became a crawl, mocking us every foot of the way.
Eventually, we made it to my mom's house. She had big steaks waiting to be grilled and we ate that with mashed potatoes and mushroom gravy and carrots and garlic bread. It was yummy stuff. Then we sat and shot the shit for a while. Then I was beat and went to bed. Of course, I woke up every hour on the hour because of my injuries, but what are ya gonna do?
The next day we got up and went on a train ride. Sort of. The American Legion that my mom's boyfriend is a member of built this thing out of an old semi and a home made caboose. It looks like a train, but it rides on the road. They took us on a trip and the kids had a blast.
After the train ride we headed off to breakfast at a place called Mr. Pibs. I ordered the biscuits and gravy because I always order the biscuits and gravy. They did something with them I had never seen before. They sliced the biscuits down the middle and grilled them with butter before putting the gravy on them. It was the best thing I have ever had! They had pretty big portions and we were all stuffed. we headed back to my mom's place and got to see some wild turkeys and these giant ant hills. The turkeys come right up in the yard. Pretty cool. Then we decided to get headed back to home because Miss Ivy from church was going to take Dandelion to the fair for her birthday like they do every year.
Construction was a little kinder than on the way up and we made a pitstop at the River Crossings Mall. Big place, lots of stuff. Thankfully they had a Starbucks because this lack of sleep thing is turning me into a slug. If it keeps up I might have to call my doctor and see if she has anything that might help me sleep through the night.
While we were there Miss Ivy called so we got back on the road and headed towards home. We got a little lost, but Martha's phone has a GPS in it so that made it easier.
We eventually went to Plainwell and dropped off Dandelion. Then it was time to get home and get some rest and check on our doggies.
Of course we went to hook up Dandelion's new DVD player and discovered that we needed an RF adapter. This 'cheap' DVD player was getting pricier by the minute.
So, we got it hooked up and everything was hunky dory. I took a bath and soaked, but it just made everything sore. The water and my rash are not getting along very well I'm afraid.
We watched Torchwood and Doctor Who and Graham Norton with David Tennant. Very funny stuff.
A pretty busy time. This bike wound is going to give me grief for a while and it is starting to suck. I will be riding my bike on Monday. Damned thing is not going to get the best of me.

No comments: