3/2/08

DAY TWO HUNDRED AND FORTY-EIGHT

Friday, got up, started the car and then shoveled the driveway. Yup, you guessed it. More snow. I am sick of snow. After I was done shoveling I noticed that the car wasn't running. Tried to start it. No go. Jumped it, nothing. Finally, I had to hoof it to work and was very very late. And my beard was full of icicles. The boss called shortly afterward and she had been in a car wreck and, while not hurt, was going to not make it to work. I know what you're thinking. What a crappy day.
That was until lunch when Josh came back from lunch and discovered that a nearby bar was serving twenty nine cent beers in celebration of leap year. Only, he wasn't sure which bar it was. The hunt was on! We finally discovered it was Burdicks Bar and Grill inside The Radisson Hotel. Kind of a fancy place for twenty nine cent glasses of Pabst Blue Ribbon. Yup, PBR is what was on tap.
Josh and I hit the place and seven beers later, staggered out and only spent five bucks including tip. We actually tipped more than we paid for beer.
Went home and tried banging on the starter. That didn't work. We ordered Domino's pizza and watched television.

Stupid car. Tommorow we will get it towed to Muffler Man to see if they can fix it.

No comments: