3/19/08

DAY TWO HUNDRED AND SIXTY-SIX

So, work was a hoot. Around eleven I was whisked away by Martha to the dentist. Yeah, I know I went yesterday. That was just to chat about what forms of medieval torture they were going to impose on my oral cavity. My own fault really. That and the condition of dental insurance in the United States, but I digress.
I went in for what is called a root scraping and planing. Fancy name for taking a sharp hook to the years of built up plague on my teeth to prevent the progression of horrendous peritonitis. Yippee! Doesn't that sound like fun? Thankfully, they gave me plenty of Novocaine and the lady doing it, Robyn, was very nice and had a cute Southern accent. So for about an hour and a half she went to town with this thing that vibrates and shoots water, then came the hook. My muscles are going to kill me tomorrow because I clenched up so damned hard for the entire time. I tried to relax, but it didn't work. I was more tense than relaxed for the entire thing. When she told me they were doing two quadrants I assumed it would be the entire bottom or top of my mouth. Wrong! She did the right side. So right in the middle of my front teeth you can see that they have been scraped and polished to perfection, then the other side is just nasty in comparison. Not that the clean side is perfect, but it looks waaay better than the other side. It's like my mouth has become Two Face. so, half of my mouth is evil and the other side is good. Maybe that will continue for a while where one side of my mouth likes spicy food and the other side likes sweet food. Yeah, probably not.
So, after an hour and a half of torture, I went back to work and my mouth was numb which is always fun. And I was starving by the time it wore off. No way I was going to try and eat Ramen noodles with a numb mouth. Yeah, that would have looked incredibly dumb.
After work I biked it home. Made some food for the clan. I took a nap because my adrenalin spiked while I was being tortured.
Woke up in time to watch It's The Easter Beagle Charlie Brown! I must say I was a little disappointed. It didn't seem to have the substance of the Christmas or Halloween episodes. Surprising, since it is a religious holiday and Shultz had no problem with his Christianity in the Christmas episode. Wonder what happened along the way?
Oh well. After that got ready for bed, watched some adult cinema that I found in my yard with Martha and hit the hay.
Thankfully, my next dentist appointment isn't until May 9th. That's a long time to have the Two Face teeth, but what are ya gonna do?

No comments: