3/28/08

DAY TWO HUNDRED AND SEVENTY-FIVE

So, less than a hundred entires to go and this year is getting weirder and weirder. I've been at this for so long I can't even remmeber my original reason for delving into this. why the grumpy? Yeah, just found out my father has prostate cancer. He goes in on Monday to see if it's affected his bones or not. He called my sister to tell her so she could pass on the news. At first I was freaking out about it, but then she said that after he told her, he went golfing.
My father is baptized and believes, as do I, that Jesus Christ is his Lord and Savior. Maybe that's why he's t6aking this better tha, well probably everyone else around him.
I decided to embrace this attitude with him and take this one day at a time like he is. The funny thing about my dad is the older he gets the more he looks like Leonard Nimoy. Kooky, huh? I have a lot of my father's attitudes, but look nothing like him. Not really.
So, that little waiting game has been defused because, well because my dad is going golfing. Good for him.
Didn't get to ride my bike because it's crappy outside. Probably be the same problem tomorrow. I will be glad when Winter is over.
If you read this, say a little prayer for my dad. I say I don't worry, but I do. I'm a worrier, it's in my nature. Pretty sure that's my mom's fault.
In the good news, got my David Zuzelo book, Tough To Kill Vol. 1 and a Bette Davis collection to review for Warner Brothers.

2 comments:

Denis Sheehan said...

hey, my thoughts are with yer dad.

Douglas Alan Waltz said...

Thank you, sir. Much appreciated.