3/11/08

DAY TWO HUNDRED AND FIFTY-EIGHT

Work was exactly that, work. Whooppee! After work, Martha and I went and looked at vehicles. It was at Express Auto that we decided to fill out a credit application. Yeah, big mistake. We found a van we wanted, but they never told us the price of the thing until after we filled out a mountain of paperwork. Sheesh! What a waste of tiem. I blame myself.
After that we went home to discover that it was literacy night at the school and Dandy wanted to go. So, we went. We said hi to all the teachers that we like and they had all these different kind of soups for us to try. Delia had made a bowl in art class and we bought that.
While we were there I saw someone out of the corner of my eye and knew that I knew her. I siad, if I see her again while we are at the school I would go up and say hi. Could not for the life of me remember her name, but I knew the face. We had worked together at Big Boy about fifteen years ago.
Later I did see her and she remembered me and she told me her name is Krista. I knew it the minute she said it. She remembered my name so, she must be better at that kind of thing. I suck at it personally. It was fun to see her again and it added to the fun when she told me that we have seven year olds in the same class. I asked Dan if he knew her son, Nate and he said that Nate was cool.
Small world, eh?
Got home and there was a mountain of videos from various places to watch. From the hardcore, Misty Mundae flick, Vampire Strangler to the complete Pebbles and Bamm Bamm series when they were teeny boppers. Martha said she got like three packages at different times today. When it rains it pours.
After the school function I went home and we made steak and mashed potatoes and broccoli. Then it was time to take it easy. Busy day and wasting time at Express Auto was the real capper. Wednesday we are going to look at vans that are more in our price range. Yippee!

No comments: