3/13/08

DAY TWO HUNDRED AND SIXTY

It was Purge Day at work today. That means we clean the shop in preparation for the big move in May. Yeah, except I had jobs that were due so they got done. I managed to clean a little, but not as much as I would have wanted.
I rode my bike to work and it was great! I didn't realize how much I missed the damn thing. I didn't even want to stop when I got to work. Just wanted to keep on pedaling.
After work it was much nicer and I pedaled home. Martha had taken Dan to a field trip for scouts to the fish hatchery and they had a blast. Then it was time to head out to Holland to check out these vans we scoped out on line. Yeah, they had one van left and it was a little bit of a disappointment. Guess we'll keep on looking.
Now, three hours earlier I told the kids to clean some house while we were gone. No slave labor or anything, just pick up and make it look less like cattle make frequent runs through our house.
Needless to say, when we got back home from our disappointing ride out to Holland and nothing had been done, I was pissed. I went off and started yelling for them to get a move on. It had been three hours and they did nothing but lay there and watch television.
Yeah, I think that habit is on its way to being broken.
I grilled some chicken breasts and made some rice dish and veggies to go with dinner. Martha said she really liked the way the chickn turned out. Nice and crispy on the outside and juicy in the middle.
Watched some Chris Seaver flicks and hit the sack.
Tommorow is another day.

No comments: