5/25/08

DAY THREE HUNDRED AND THIRTY-ONE

Friday, my first day of vacation, and I had to get up early. Martha and I were volunteering for a field trip for Dan's class. we were going to walk to Bronson Hospital and see the helicopter pad and meet one of the pilots who showed us the helicopter. Pretty long walk and my sun burnt head is wishing I would have had a hat, but I didn't. The kids were pretty good, but some of the route we took was pretty busy and that made me more than a little nervous crossing the street with that many kids.
The rest of the day was pretty laid back and we decided to go to the drive in in Hartford. Man, it was a little chilly! The first feature was the new Indiana Jones movie. Overall, I didn't like it, but there were some things that I did enjoy about the film. It really gave me the feeling that I would rather watch the original three again so, I'll have to grab the new DVDs of the first three films.
The second film, Drillbit Taylor with Owen Wilson was actually more fun to watch. By that time the only ones awake were me, Dennis and Martha.
We got home around three in the morning which meant that I had been awake for approximately twenty-one hours. I never stay up that late so I should be a wreck by the time I wake up tomorrow. And tomorrow we're having a cookout with Stew and his family. Yeah, sleep is gonna be sweet this time.

No comments: