5/5/08

DAY THREE HUNDRED AND TWELVE

Sunday. Last week we missed church so, it was good knowing that we were going. We packed up all the stuff for the bake sale. Actually, I got up early and managed to get a few more batches of cookies done before we had to leave.
We made our way to the chruch and I was happy to see that Jeff Sackett was there making pancakes and sausages for Sunday School breakfast. We chatted and covered the lesson, but I'm becomign more disillusioned with the materials they have us doing. While I never mind a good Genesis study, it seems like we have been with Joseph for a while. These are lessons that you learn as a kid and while I can appreciate what the lesson is trying to convey, I would rather design my own lessons. I'll have to pray on it and see how that goes.
God will let me know.
I had no idea there was a potluck after service so, that was kind of nice. Martha told me to call Chris and Heather who live across the street and see if they wanted to come and enjoy some food. They did and we stayed and talked for a long time. It was very nice.
After that we headed home and I started in on mowing the lawn. I kept my cell phone with me because I was waiting for a call from the woman from craigslist who was selling us the new television. I got the two small pieces in front of the privacy fence, along with the small piece of lawn that sits right in front of the house. I got the front part of the side yard and was almost finished with the back half of the side yard when something made me stop to check my phone. There was a voice mail message and I thought I missed the call. As I went to answer it the phone rang. It was the woman selling us the television. She wanted to have us come over around four. The message turned out to be from Miss Ivy who had taken Dandelion for a little while. Miss Ivy dropped off Dandelion and we were getting ready to go get the set.
Dennis and Delia wanted to go to their friends' house and I had said they could after they had picked up the yard. I wasn't impressed that I almost ran over four or fivge things that could have put a serious hurt on the mower.
I told them they had to stay home while we went to get the set.
Dennis had a fit.
I didn't go the yelling route with him and calmly explained everything. he wasn't happy about it, but he did it.
The unfortunate part came after we went and got the TV. I measured the screen when we got home. Yeah, it was twnety-seven inches. That was kind of bad. We lost nine inches in the process. But, the original TV was free and this one only cost sixty-five bucks so, I can't complain. We will just have to save our money to get another big one. Maybe next year for tax time when they have all the sales and whatnot.
Anyway, after that Dennis and Delia went to their friends house and Martha went to help with the blind Judo camp.
The littles and I just hung out and played video games and watched televsion.
When it was bed time, Mickey snapped at Dandelion and I followed suit. I kicked him out of the house and called Martha and told her to deal with that. Kind of sick of the damned dog being so grumpy all the time. Martha and I went over how to handle that better in the future, but I was still pretty mad.
Tomorrow is more work. Yippee!

No comments: