2/9/08

DAY TWO HUNDRED AND TWENTY-SEVEN

Okay, it's payday and the day starts off with a hoot. First I get to work and there is this box of stuff that I was scanning. Yeah, it's missing. Come to find out that since I left it on the trash can it was fair game for our janitorial staff. Seems that since it wasn't in the damned can they could have asked, but it's too late for that now.
So, that put me in a foul mood. Then I realized that Dan The Man had a field trip after I got out of work so there went beers after work. Oh the day just keeps getting better and better.
Rob brought in donuts so that was a ray of sunshine.
After work Martha and Dan and I went to the airport so that the scouts could learn about airplanes. Yeah, there was about seventy five of us there and it was, without a doubt, the most disorganized thing we have ever been to. We actually snuck out early by bribing Dan with candy.
We stopped at the Circle K and Dan got some candy as did Martha and then I got some Red Stripe lager.
We went home and talked about goig out, but by then it was too late and the dogs needed feeding.
I drank the Red Stripe, the a Bell's Winter White Ale followed up with two Rolling Rocks. We are now officially out of beer at the house.
Martha and Dan and Delia and Dandelion and I decided to sing every song in the Singstar '80s game. It's fun. If you haven't played it, it comes with two microphones and it plays music videos with the words and you have to hit the proper pitch to score points. I rocked out a couple of them, particularly You Spin Me Round by Dead or Alive and Tainted Love by Soft Cell. Of course I owned I Ran by Flock OF Seagulls and by the time we finished it was around eleven in the PM and we were all very hoarse from all that singing. I don't know how rock stars do it.
So, Martha salvaged what could have ended on a very sour note for me and that is why she is the best wife in all of creation. I'll have a headache tomorrow from mixing all those beers, but it was still a lot of fun.
Sleep now.

No comments: