2/12/08

DAY TWO HUNDRED AND TWENTY-EIGHT

Saturday started pretty slow. I was in the living room and the phone started ringing. MArtha grabbed it, looked at the caller ID and told me it was Seann. Now, before I go on, let me explain something;
Seann's friend George got ahold of his cell phone and left a message so that when you call it explains that while Seann can't come to the phone right now he does indeed love the cock. So, when Seann calls I say, "Hey, cocklover!" And I think this is pretty damned funny. Anyway, Martha hands me the phone and says it's Seann and I answer it with the cocklover phrase.
Yeah, then Dennis' thirteen year old girlfriend says in a really quiet voice. "Is Dennis there?" Yeah, that wasn't good. Martha thought it was fuinnier than Hell however. Later we took the kids out to buy video games and then they turned into obnoxious jerks so we took them home and Martha and I went out instead. Man, for some reason all the restaurants were busy!
We ended up at Applebee's and the snow was coming down pretty fast and furious. For some reason our service blew and he headed out as quickly as possible. I wrote a letter to Applebee's explaining how it was the worst experience that we ever had there. Have to wait and see how that goes.
We went to Walmart and bought a few things then stopped at Starbucks. MArtha got a Vanilla Latte and I got some Komodo Dragon coffee. We shared some banna walnut cake and a piece of lemon pound cake. It was nice and relaxing and the best time of the day for me.
Then we made it home through the ever increasing snow...almost.
Going up Patterson we noticed that a couple of cars couldn't make it up the small hill. We needed to turn around and cut through the Life Center Church's parking lot to get back on Douglas and away from people that can't drive up a hill. As went to turn around we saw a car trying to make a left and it went straight and crashed onto the little traffic island. What a shmuck! Martha and I thought.
We made it onto Douglas and were headed past the crash site. That was when Martha pointed out that it was Seann!
The car was fine and there were a lot of people there so we were able to push it out. Some of the people there offered to give me a ride home, but I thought it was safer to walk the block instead of risking getting into someone's car. Especially Seann's!
I fell three times on the way home which was not good, but the road was that slippery.
I got home and said that with the incoming Arctic wind we would probably have no church in the morning.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

holy crap...did dennis yell at you?
you guys are getting nailed out there this winter. ol' new england is skirting by, though old man winter is hitting us tonight.
cheer, denis

Douglas Alan Waltz said...

Nah, Dennis didn't yell at me. His grilfriend tried getting mad but we told her to chill. And you ain't kidding about the weather, brother. Every other day is crappy snow. The kids have had quite a few snow days this year.