2/21/08

DAY TWO HUNDRED AND THIRTY-NINE

Still have the cold, yippee! Work was work. Martha took the car down to the shop for it's new gas tank that is going to cost five hundred dollars!!! Around noon thirty I decided to call and see how it was going on the tank since they had the car since eight in the AM. Yeah, seems they ordered the wrong part and now the new part wouldn't be there until one in the PM. Crap! That means finding a ride home from work. I would have walked but I couldn't find a hat this morning. And that's another thing. I buy what seems like tens of stocking caps from the dollar store. I buy enough for every member of the household to have one or two of the damned things. Why is it thn that I can never find one. This morning I had to wear my daughter's purple Blue's Clues hat to shovel the driveway. No way I was wearing that thing to work. Are the children eating them or what.
Anyway, I decide to call Seann, my oldest, and ask him for a ride. Yeah, he left his phoen at home and he was at work. I eventually got ahold of him, but it took a little while. He gave me a ride back to The Waltz Compound. Tomorrow he's even going to take me to work and take Martha to get the car in the morning. He'sa good kid.
Dinner was leftover chicken and dumplings and then I just l;aid in bed with Martha and dozed while television was on. After feeding the dogs and getting the littles off to bed Martha and I watched Mr. Bean's Holiday. Funny flick and Rowan Atkinson is a hoot. I was still kind of awake so I decided to see what free flicks were on cable's On Demand service. I fell asleep to the melodious strains of From Dusk Til Dawn. Didn't make it past Benny's World Of Liquor blowing up.

No comments: