10/27/08

10/27/08

Kind of a weird, yet fun filled weekend. First up, lots of snuggling with Martha. I mean lots of snuggling. This is always a good thing for any day, but on the weekend it makes those days seem special.
On the way home from church on Sunday we were on Lovell headed home. Lovell is a one way street. So, there we are and a police car pulls up on Rose Street. No problem so far. Then it tried to turn left onto Lovell! Lovell, as I mentioned before, is a one way street! We checked the car a few times and were able to verify that it was, indeed, a Kalamazoo City police car. If this idiot behind the wheel can't remember that Lovell is a one way street, what kind of message does that send to the average joe? Makes me a little concerned.
Church was a blast. I made these two huge potato, egg and cheese casseroles and Tammy Hammond made a metric ton of bacon and sausage. Dennis was on toast detail. When the smoke cleared there was nothing left but a grease spot and crumbs.
The message was a good oen too and one that I will try to better to apply to myself.
We were supposed to go see Stew and Amy's new digs on Saturday, but he cancelled on us. (sniff!) Maybe we can get to see the new hacienda sometime in the near future. We will be in that hood this Halloween so, maybe then.
Last night I turned on the dryer and it started to make a demonic noise. And it heated up waaaaay too quick. I'll be on craigslist today to check out some inexpensive replacements until tax time rolls around. When it rains it pours.
Oh yeah, it also snowed yesterday. Snow before Halloween is never a good thing. Makes for a soggy Halloween.
We got a free organ in the house and everyone is so excited. I spotted it on craigslist and it is a beautiful instrument that is such a throwback to the fifties. All the kids and Martha are constatntly on it. I think that is great. Sure it weighs more than all of my children, my wife, me and all the pets combined, but I don't see moving it, well ever again.
That's it for now, I gotta go.

No comments: