10/23/08

10/23/08

So, yesterday was the Scout trip to Verhage Farms. They make their own cider there and we got to watch them do it. Pretty amazing stuff. We also got to do a hayride and I made a new friend named Nikki. She's four and was absolutely fascinated with my beard and thought that everything I said was hilarious. Sigh! I wish I was four again sometimes.
We all got fresh picked apples and donuts and it was a good time. One bad part was that we were supposed to meet at the school at 3:30. See 99% of the scouts in the troop go to St. Augustine Catholic School. My son is one of the two who doesn't. So, the pack took off on us early which really cheesed both Martha and myself right off. I have to write to the Pack leader and explain that if you have a plan that you really should stick to it. Especially since the other kid that doesn't get go to that school doesn't get out of class until 3:45.
So, Martha spent all that time cleaning up the van and making it look gorgeous and fixing the television VCR combo so we could take extra kids and ...nothing.
Oh well, it was still a great time and Dan had fun.
After that we hit the store for some Halloween necessities. I got this uber creepy mask that I'm going to wear on my bike for Halloween. There are four or five little kids that walk the bike path to school and this is going to be a blast. I can hardly wait!
That's it for now. I gotta go pretend to work now.
Seeya!

No comments: