6/28/07

DAY FOUR

We had a much cooler day today. A cold front came in and dropped the temperature by almost fifteen degrees. Work was work. I discovered that my boss is going to have a conference call tomorrow to discuss my raise. On July 1st of this year I will have been a Pitney Bowes employee for one year. It sure doesn't feel like a year. I'm looking forward to the raise because once I get that I can figure out how much cash to allot to the stock purchasing program we have at work. Boring stuff, but important if I don't want to eat cat food when I retire.
One of my friends at church, Sam Hammond came up with the perfect retirement concept. You're children have to give you one percent of their income once they hit the age of eighteen. Not a lot with one kid, but pretty good for people like myself who has five children. I would be in fat city with that kind of income.
Tomorrow is payday and I'm pretty sure it's spent. We have been off our budget for quite some time and we plan on getting back their soon, probably July. The recent plethora of sales I'm having on Amazon.com will help out considerably.
I mowed more of the lawn today in anticipation of the party for Dan and myself on Saturday. And it looks like we'll be going to the drive-in on Friday. The double feature is Ratatouille by Pixar and 1408 with John Cusack based on a Stephen King story. One flick for the kiddies and then one for the adults when the kids fall asleep. Perfection.
Plus The Sunset Drive-In in Hartford has the best concession stand in existence. A full grill with burgers, dogs, you name it and they have it. They even have chili cheese fries.
Doesn't get much better than that.
I had an unplanned nap earlier today so I know that I will be awake too late this evening. Just means I'll need another nap tomorrow for the drive-in. Could be worse, I guess.

Historical tidbit for the day - Seems George W. Bush is fighting with congress about some documentaion concerning the firing of some U.S. attorneys. The man is a joke and has always had me worried from day one. His reign is almost over, though.