11/10/08

11-10-08

So, another weekend has passed. And what a weekend. Martha went to the parade downtown with Dan and I did the parade with Dandelion. We were actually in the parade. She was with the scouts and I was with the Magnet Schools. It seemed to take forever, but it was a lot of fun. After the parade we walked the downtown mall where they had free hot cocoa and soup. I opted for the chili and since Martha brought Sweetie along, I fed her chili to keep her warm. Yeah, it's been nice and balmy for a while and the minute there's an organized event, WHAM! it's cold.
Before the parade we stopped at a coffee shop that I like called The Copy Cup. Seems the owners changed hands recently and I think the prices did too. I got two hot chocolates for the kids and a couple of muffins, a scone and a large coffee. Should that really run 15 bucks? I didn't think so either. Oh well, just know better for next time.
Did I mention that we went to Stew and Amy's new digs? No, well we did and they are mucha cool. The kids seem to like it. I grabbed a six of Stroh's and Stew made some amazing eats.
After the parade we went home, grabbed Seann and Dennis and went to the third annual Metalfest. It was supposed to start at three and have thirteen bands. It had 10 bands and didn't get started until five.
We stayed for five of the bands. I thought it sucked that the really good, high energy bands like Cellsepic and Reinventing Yesterday got stuck in the little room while incredibly sucky bands like Suburban Funeral and Medieval got the big ballroom. At least Amongst Enemies got to use the big room, but their set was so short!
Of the night, Reinventing Yesterday was the best of the bunch. We didn't stay for the rest because we were all tired and starving. We could have gone back, but after feasting on Taco Bell, it seemed like a waste. Especially if there were more sucky bands to endure. Stew showed up for the fun as well and that was uber cool.
Sunday, I made ham and cheese omelets for Sunday School and then we went home and deep cleaned the living room. It was a horrid mess and I am determined to never let that happen again. Dan and I got to hang out while everyone else went to Youth Group. I watched Meat Market and a little of Actress Apocalyspe. Then Dan and I played some Guitar Hero. There was this Slayer song that I could not do and The Cliffs OF Dover song was broken so we're kind of stuck in a certain place until I get better at that damned Slayer song.
I did manage to get the rest of my NaNoWriMo transcribed and set up. Now I need to crank out some serious word count this week to stay on target. Sheesh!
Busy weekend.

No comments: